HSE ACOP L8 and associated guidance HSG 274 Part 2: The control of legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems require that the following are completed:
- Check the performance of the system and its component parts.
- Inspect the accessible parts of the system for damage and signs of contamination.
- Monitor the treatment / temperature regime to ensure that it continues to control to the required standard.
- Audit the existing site records.
Quality Environmental Services Ltd (QES Ltd) have extensive knowledge of legionella monitoring and water hygiene inspection works with the latest in handheld technology and timely reporting.
QES Ltd can provide services such as the below:
- Temperature monitoring of hot and cold water services.
- Descaling and disinfection of shower heads and hoses.
- TMV servicing and failsafe testing.
- Inspection of hot and cold water storage vessels.
- RPZ valve servicing and maintenance.
- Water softener servicing and maintenance.
- Log book and site record auditing.
QES Ltd can offer:
- National coverage (excluding Northern Ireland).
- Pre-planned visit management.
- Packages from complete L8/HSG 274 compliance monitoring to bespoke packages for clients where monitoring items cannot be completed internally.
- Monitoring packages can include water sampling and analysis (chemical and microbiological including legionella) utilising a network of UKAS accredited laboratories.
- Direct employed, trained, competent & experienced QES personnel.
- Latest handheld technology for routine monitoring works, to ensure timely delivery of all information to clients.
HSE ACoP L8, “Legionnaires’ disease, the control of legionella bacteria in water systems” requires that a written scheme for controlling the risk from legionella is prepared. The written scheme should be implemented and properly managed so that all water services systems are routinely checked for temperature, water demand and inspected for cleanliness and use.